Peter Schueller's House
The note at the right of the picture tells us a lot.
It reads " Bertha Mackert, who is a Schueller, tells us that this house
was built by her father, Peter Schueller, who lived from 1848 to1927.
This suggests that earlier generations of the family lived in the log cabin
which she remembers once stood on the property. The house is striking
in its Greek Revival style. The original settler of this family was Matthias
( the German form of the name Matthew ) Schueller who purchased 55 acres
of lot 19 in 1845. He must have settled here at this time, as he is recorded as
being one of the founders of ST. Teresa church".